Mariah Carey Celebrates 25th Anniversary Of Her Merry Christmas Album With a Deluxe Reissue

By: Katie BinghamSmith

Where were you the first time you heard Mariah Carey’s first Christmas album, Merry Christmas?

Chances are even if you don’t remember exactly what you were doing the first time you gave it a listen, you can recall hearing this album in the ‘90s. And I bet hearing it now makes you remember who you were then.

When I first heard it, I was a scrunchy-wearing college sophomore— it was the December of 1995. My roommate and I were decorating the little tree she brought from home and were blasting that CD so the whole floor could get in the spirit.

It worked. Before we knew it, friends dressed in sweaters, wool socks and Birkenstock’s came in to join us.

Then, there was wine and Zima. Looking back now, it was such a magical night and Mariah belting out Christmas tunes had a lot to do with it.

We probably spun through that album six times that evening. I ran out and bought a copy of the CD for myself and listened to it my entire drive home for Christmas break. It’s been 25 years since then, I still have it and it’s still my favorite.

Whenever I hear “All I Want For Christmas Is You,” I’m thrown back to that chilly evening in Vermont where I was surrounded by my besties feeling the warmth of the vino.

So, naturally I sent a text to my college roommate expressing my excitement when I heard the best news ever: Mariah Carey is celebrating the album’s 25th anniversary by releasing a two CD Deluxe Anniversary Edition of  her Merry Christmas album on November 1st, and it can’t get here fast enough.

You can pre-order this treat (yes, I already did) at mariahcareyshop.com.

Rolling Stone reports,

The Merry Christmas reissue will boast several rare remixes, a new version of “Sugar Plum Fairy” and a selection of previously-unreleased live tracks from Carey’s 1994 performance at the Cathedral of St. John the Divine in New York City. On Carey’s official site, the deluxe reissue is available to pre-order in both digital and physical editions and comes in merchandise bundles that include stockings, beanies and more.

I am dying over here.

What are you waiting for? Get your album ordered so you can enjoy all these nostalgic songs and all the feelings that come with them. There’s never been an album that’s made me feel happier and I can’t wait to see what the new CD has in store for us.

You Might Also Want to Read:

Why Christmas in the 80s Was the Best! 



Source: https://grownandflown.com/mariah-carey-25th-anniversary-merry-christmas-album/

The content is owned by Katie BinghamSmith. Visit site here for other valuable articles.


Share Us Your Thought!

You are invited to share your thought related to the post above in the comment box. You can share about your tips/experiences as parent or as a kid (if you're in that position).

Would You Share The Post?

And if you find it's interesting post and have a value for others, please share it to your friends. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Girl Flees From Officer Dad in Hot Pursuit Over Stolen Cupcakes! [Video]

By: Mary Malcolm It is so adorable how toddlers can’t seem to make up a lie, simply because they are not even familiar with the concept!...