Sometimes, They Just Need You

By: Becky Mansfield

Being a mom is awesome...and overwhelming all at the same time! Join me & 15 awesome mom-experts to chat about motherhood and give you actionable tips!

The other night, I was sound asleep in my bed when I heard that sound that makes you jump to your feet: “Mom?  Moooommmmmm….”

I went into our daughter’s room to find her hiding under her blankets, scared from whatever nightmare she had just had. 

“What’s wrong?” I asked her.

“I need you,”  she responded.

I need you.   So simple.  So innocent.  So endearing.   She needed me.

Sometimes They Just Need You

Sometimes, moms, our kids just need us.  

Sometimes they want to get out of their bed to find you because they know that you will keep them safe.  

Sometimes, they want to run to you when they should be staying in their rooms because they know that your hug will cure whatever hurts.  

Sometimes they want to fall asleep with your arms around them because they know that they are loved.

When I think of the many times that our kids have asked me to lie in their beds, those are the times that I remember the most… the ones that stand out in my memories.

When I hear that tip-toeing down the hall and then the words come:  “Mom?  I need you.  Can you tuck me back in?” 

Sometimes – they just need you.

Even better… when I think about my own childhood, I can remember the times when my mom said “OK” when I told her that I needed her, too.

 I can remember her lying in my bed, in her white pajamas with little pink flowers on them, sound asleep because of her, “Just one minute,” worked in my favor and her exhaustion took over.  I loved those days.  

I loved knowing that she was asleep beside me and I could fall asleep with my eyes shut (as opposed to open, because I was always afraid of the dark).

I remember those times very fondly… like it was yesterday, and I remember how happy it made me.

So, when your kids need you, don’t worry about the rules, just this once… instead, let them need you and be there for them.   The truth of the matter is… we need them right back.

For more parenting tips & ideas, check out our facebook page. 



Source: https://kidsactivitiesblog.com/116473/sometimes-just-need-2/

The content is owned by Becky Mansfield. Visit site here for other valuable articles.


Share Us Your Thought!

You are invited to share your thought related to the post above in the comment box. You can share about your tips/experiences as parent or as a kid (if you're in that position).

Would You Share The Post?

And if you find it's interesting post and have a value for others, please share it to your friends. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Girl Flees From Officer Dad in Hot Pursuit Over Stolen Cupcakes! [Video]

By: Mary Malcolm It is so adorable how toddlers can’t seem to make up a lie, simply because they are not even familiar with the concept!...