Evening Family Schedule for Working Parents

By: Becky Mansfield

Today we asked for a sample family schedule for working parents from our readers. Every family is different. We have different work schedules and  different family sizes. For that reason, we wanted to share a few example schedules from working parents.
sample schedules

We often get the question “How do you do it?” when we talk about putting the kids to bed at 7:00pm or eating dinner early. So we asked our working-parent readers for their schedules, so we could share them with you.

Evening Family Schedule for Working Parents

Schedule #1

Dinner when we get home, without a particular time. Immediately following, we head upstairs to read books, take baths and share stories from the day. This process begins around 7:00pm, but usually doesn’t end until around 8:00pm or later. If she doesn’t have school, we don’t start this until 8:00pm, putting her to bed at 9:00pm.

I find time to connect when we are in the car, or brushing our teeth or fixing our hair. We snuggle in bed together on the weekends when our kids wake up early.

Schedule #2

Dinner at 5:00pm. We rely on crockpot meals throughout the week. After dinner, the kids get their bath and get ready for bed.  Bath time starts at 7:30pm. Bath time is done every other day and we spend the second day (the non-bath day) playing a game. I clean the bathrooms during bath time and I clean their bedrooms while we are talking as she is lying in her bed at night. Most of the cleaning is done on the weekend.

scheudle

Schedule #3

I spend one Sunday a month batch cooking freezer meals for 4 hours so that I can throw a freezer dinner in the crock pot for 30 days.  A month of cooking done in one day. This is helpful because when we get home, dinner is already ready, we eat and I clean the kitchen.

I make my kids pick up after themselves. I have a schedule for bathrooms and vacuuming and I throw laundry in at night and in the dryer in the morning, I stay up late sometimes to finish getting my house clean, my kids shouldn’t sacrifice a clean and healthy environment, so I sacrifice sleep, I go to bed at 12, wake up and 5, work 60 hours and repeat.

My home is clean my kids are the thriving and I sleep in on Saturday mornings.

Schedule #4

Dinner is usually 6:00pm or 6:30pm. The kids do homework while I am making dinner. If they finish, they can play before we eat. When we are finished with dinner, they take a bath, around 7:30pm. I clean the bathroom while they are taking a bath. The other bathrooms wait until the weekends. They go to bed right after bath time.  I do the dishes, sweep the floors and clean after they go to sleep. I do one load of laundry a day. I save most of the things (like changing sheets) for the weekend.  My kids aren’t in sports yet, so that makes things easier for us… for now.

Make Over Your Evening + Morning Routines

What To Do When Your Child Won't Sleep in Their Bed

If none of these work for you, I highly suggest that you figure out how to make over your evening and morning routines. By doing this you will maximize the very best flow for your family and the best part is that you can change things up when they are no longer working.

What about you?  Let us know your favorite schedules and tips on our Facebook page!  

Please follow and like us:



Source: https://kidsactivitiesblog.com/85613/family-schedule-working-parents

The content is owned by Becky Mansfield. Visit site here for other valuable articles.


Share Us Your Thought!

You are invited to share your thought related to the post above in the comment box. You can share about your tips/experiences as parent or as a kid (if you're in that position).

Would You Share The Post?

And if you find it's interesting post and have a value for others, please share it to your friends. Thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Little Girl Flees From Officer Dad in Hot Pursuit Over Stolen Cupcakes! [Video]

By: Mary Malcolm It is so adorable how toddlers can’t seem to make up a lie, simply because they are not even familiar with the concept!...